Mindfulness means deliberately and intentionally observing the passage of time.
This includes complete uninterrupted attention and focus on even the smallest details of everyday life.
- Noticing the taste of food. Chewing slowly and enjoying every bite.
- Working our body to it’s limits and feeling the levels of exhaustion as they arise.
- Resting our body and feeling the levels of relaxation as they arise.
- Remaining aware of our thoughts without trying to alter them. I practice the “observe, don’t engage” mindset that allows me to view my thoughts as ‘things’ without any emotional response. Similar to the way one would observe a coffee mug or lamp. We see everyday objects with no response. I see my thoughts the same way, they are things to observe not necessarily to engage, unless we deliberately choose to.
- Feeling our breath as it changes along with changes in our activity level. Once again, I do this without trying to change it just like observing thought.
- Being in the moment completely while interacting with family, friends and business associates. Not allowing distractions to the beautiful gift that others bring to a man’s life through love and companionship.
With mindfulness comes a sensation of time moving more slowly. (no more “life is flying by” sensation)
With mindfulness comes a sensation of inner peace and tranquility.
With mindfulness comes a sensation of purpose and meaning.
Mindfulness can also be used as a flow hack which allows us to work at peak levels of human performance without self doubt or limitations. (more on flow hacking in future posts)
Is mindfulness something to consider in your life?
That’s up to you.
Personally, it’s a big part of my life and the reason for my happiness and inner peace.
I will live a mindful life for the rest of my days.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page to join The Manly Club….your journey to self-betterment begins right here, right now!